Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beautiful Mint

Today, my husband and I took a canoe ride down the river looking for herbs. I found an island covered in Wild Mint (Mentha canadensis). Very powerful tasting and after a leaf of that and the flower off a Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla) plant, I felt very grateful to be a gatherer and a healer. Butter and eggs (Linaria vulgaris) covered a meadow and the miraculous Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) clung to the banks. Try Stinging nettle tea for an energy drink instead of the usual colas. I use my sissors and never touch the plant. from picking to cooking, cutting it into smaller pieces till I have a big pot full. Cover it will water and then bring it to a boil. Once it has boiled for a few minutes, shut it off and let it cool till you can strain it. If you don't like the taste, add honey and drink it like hot tea, or as an iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment